The Pharo Palace
With a panoramic view over the Old Port and the new port of Marseille, it is a place not to be missed!
The Pharo Palace was built on the heights of the Old Port in 1858 with Louis Napoleon Bonaparte for the Empress Eugénie. She never stayed in and she decided to offer it to the town of Marseille in 1884. It was converted between 1904 and 1954 into a school of Medicine and it is used today for meetings, conferences and seminars.
The space allocated for congress is of major importance in this building, this is why the Pharo Palace is now completely renovated on the occasion of Marseille Provence 2013. The total area is now of 10,000 m², in order to accommodate many prestigious events.
Apart from the beauty of the building and the beautiful view offered by his location, there is also the Jardin du Pharo (Pharo garden) which is a pleasant place to relax and picnic. This garden also has the headquarters of the University of Aix-Marseille and the building of the Urban Community of Marseille Provence Métropole. Nearby, you can also see the Monument to the heroes and victims of the sea, in honor of the First World War marines.
This is in front of this historic site with an advantageous geographical location that is located the New Hotel of Marseille, a hotel restaurant in Marseille that pays a special attention to the art.
58 Boulevard Charles Livon 13007 Marseille
Tel : 04 91 14 64 95
Metro Vieux Port then Bus N° 83
Photo : Copyright OTCM