Christmas in Paris
From 15/11/2013 to 31/12/2013
The city of Paris starts to celebrate Christmas and the end of the year. Many events are planned this year to allow visitors to stroll in a festive atmosphere.
Since the beginning of illuminations by Laetitia Casta on November 21, 2013 Champs-Elysées are light up each evening to the delight of passers-by. 4,000 fairy lights are flashing every 30 minutes until January 8, 2014. On the Concorde square, the Ferris wheel lights also every evening until February 16, 2014 and welcomes the curious aboard its 42 baskets.
Various Christmas markets have invaded the streets of Paris. Among the most well-known we find:
- The Christmas Market on the Champs Elysées, from November 15, 2013 to January 5, 2014
- The Christmas Market Trocadero on Ice, from December 12, 2013 to January 5, 2014
- The Christmas Market of the Saint Lazare station, from November 29, 2013 to January 2, 2014
And of course, Christmas would not really be Christmas without some ice. On this occasion, several outdoor ice rinks have appeared in the city:
- On the Champs Elysées in the Christmas Market, from November 15, 2013 to January 5, 2014
- On the Trocadéro square for the Trocadero on Ice, from December 12, 2013 to January 5, 2014
- In front of City Hall, from December 20, 2013 to March 2, 2014
Finally, from December 25, 2013 to January 4, 2014, the Charlety Stadium hosts Charléty on Snow: a real ski resort in the heart of Paris. Accessible to children from 3 to 16, the event offers winter activities as sledging or the possibility to create snowmen and igloos but also zipline runs and many other animations.
Please find more information on the website of the Paris’ Tourism Office.